Painted Oaks Academy is a Private Equestrian Boarding and Training Facility that offers many services all year long, for both children and adults. But, in October we open our property to the public for the Pumpkin Patch. I have see the same local families come every year and watch their kids grow larger each holiday, thank you for for stopping by and making this event as fun as it now has become. Several people asked me how this whole thing got stated, so let me try and explain:
I have lived in Orlando for many years but, I am originally from Wisconsin “Amish Country”. Now that I have two young boys of my own I wanted to get out in October to visit a Pumpkin Patch here in Orlando. I was very disappointment to find the absence of any decent Pumpkin Patches or Fall Festivals for my family, only Gory, Headless tourist events. October was always my favorite time of the year to get out and enjoy the cool weather. So, about 6 Years ago we set up our own Pumpkin Patch here at Painted Oaks Ranch under the oak trees for our kids, friends and family. It was enjoyed by everyone so much, that we decided open our ranch to the public every year in October for our Pumpkin Patch to have a place for local families, like yours and mine, to come enjoy our facility and spend some precious family time with your kids picking out that “Perfect” Pumpkin. Come make some memories and take a few pictures. I will have my Restored 1925 Ford Model T Fire Chiefs Car this year available for Photographs along with some of the Winter Park Model T and Model A Car Clubs Cars comming out for this years event,,, Ahh-OO-Ga!
The Pumpkins and Ponies are anxious and ready for your arrival.
Stop by and say “Hay”
Help Support our Troops by Donating to the “Wounded Warriors Project” our event Sponsor
“Hope to see you at the Patch”
David & Lisa Ottersen
October 2015 Holiday Schedule
October 30th! Hours: From 3pm to 7pm *or Until SOLD OUT
October 31st! Hours From 9am to 5pm *or Until SOLD OUT!
No Pony or Hayrides on Sat Oct 31st Pumpkin Patch Only!
Free Admission Pumpkins for sale $1.00/Lb
No Pony or Hay Rides
Private Riding Lessons available for adults and children all weekdays
Please call Lisa to schedule your lesson (No Walk ins Please)
Please call or text Lisa to schedule any large groups. 407-929-0970
Pumpkins & Ponies Festival 2015 Fundraiser
Saturday & Sunday October 24th & 25th
Hours: 10am to 5pm
PLEASE COME OUT AND HELP SUPPORT OUR VETERANS
Wounded Warriors Fundraiser 2015
Active Duty Military, Police and First Responders Free Admission!
****-THANK YOU Must HAve Valid ID***
Active Military & Families FREE!
1st Responders & Law Enforement Free!
We have limited amount of Free Parking on Property designated for Wheelchair access only
Our Neighbors Offer $4.00 SAfe and Secure Parking for everyone please take advantage of it!
CASH ONLY next to our property, street parking is dangerous and not recommended on Lake Pickett
BBQ, FOOD TRUCK VENDORS, Good Food, Live Music, Crafts, Carnival Games, Fishing Pond, Artist, Vendors, Snow Cones,. Kettle Corn, Crafts Pumpkins
- Band/Food/Pumpkins, Face Painters, Bounce House, ect. Pony Rides, Hay Rides, Games, Pumpkin Painting, Crafts, Horse Demonstrations Dressage, English & Western,, ect.. Great Photos by the Pumpkins
- Pumpkins for Sale by the Pound
- Great Outdoor fun for the Whole Family
Buy Tickets for Activities Only
*Certain outside Vendors will take cash only
No Tickets for Pumpkins or Food !
Pumpkin Festival Notice
We Own.Board and and care for many horses and animals on property and ask that you follow the rules and not feed the horses without permission or “Sit” on the Pumpkins at the patch because the stems break off and it ruins the pumpkin. We offer several exclusive Photo Spots with Hay Bales to sit on as not to damage the pumpkin crop for the other guests and children. Please take notice that we will be resting and watering the Horses throughout the day, so please be patient in the event your ride is delayed. It is recommended you come on a not so busy day to ride the horses, the weekend Pumpkins and Ponies festival will be very busy and will have a waiting line to ride. Come on the Harvest Weekends when its not so busy to ride or schedule a riding lesson during the week with Mrs. Lisa at 407-929-0970 in advance.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING RULES:
WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO DENY ENTRY TO ANYONE –
WE ARE A PRIVATE FACILITY
THIS IS OUR HOME SO PLEASE RESPECT OUR ANIMALS, GUESTS, VOLUNTEERS AND HELPERS
No Pets No Pets No Pets We Have Plenty!
NO ADULT BEVERAGES, COOLERS, PICNIC BASKETS, GROUPS or SMOKING ALLOWED
- NO ADULT BEVERAGES WILL BE SOLD OR ALLOWED> NO SMOKING ALLOWED
- DO NOT FEED OUR ANIMALS JUNK! We Feed them before you come.
- DO NOT SIT ON THE PUMPKINS! Photo Areas will be Provided (It Breaks the Stems!)
- DO NOT RE-ARRANGE THE PUMPKINS FOR YOUR PERSONAL PRIVATE PHOTO OPS!
- DO NOT PUT YOUR BABIES NAKED ON THE GROUND FOR PICTURES WE USE (Kids Safe) PESTICIDES TO
KEEP THE ANTS AND BUGS & SPIDERS OFF THE PUMPKINS THIS IS AN OUTDOOR EVENT
- < WEAR SHOES! YOU MAY SEE HORSE POO!
- USE THE RESTROOM FACILITIES NOT THE BUSHES & TREES! We will provide ample facilities
- YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO BRING YOUR OWN FOOD OR PICNIC
- YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO BRING FIREARMS OR CONCEALED WEAPONS
- THIS IS A FAMILY EVENT ,BAD BEHAVIOR, FOUL LANGUAGE WILL NOT BE TOLERATED
- ARMED ORANGE COUNTY DEPUTIES WILL BE USED FOR SECURITY
- WE HAVE 24hr DIGITAL VIDEO SURVALLIANCE ON THE ENTIRE PROPERTY
NO DOGS or PETS,, ALLOWED, PLEASE! * Except permitted service animals
- No Throwing, Kicking, Rolling, Stomping, Sitting or Jumping on the Pumpkin Crop.
- Please do not re-arrange pumpkins for your own photos’
- Commercial Photographers must register in “Advance” with Lisa
- No Pony Parties scheduled for the month of October
- Please no Large Church or Day Care Groups allowed without first scheduling with lisa
- We Reserve the right to Deny Entry to anyone.
- Please be courteous to our animals, volunteers and guests
- Security will be onsite for this years event please read the signs and follow the rules
- Outside Vendor services and products are not warrantied and are not Associated with Painted Oaks.